Thursday, June 17

Forgotten Blog

Yeah, I kinda forgot that I had a blog for a few days. Too busy.
I have moved apartments. My old rental manager tried to cheat me out of another two weeks rent on the way out. I got the power and phone relocated, then to have Telstra drop me two days claiming that it is illegal to reconnect me so soon. And I got my power disconnected; as in I got it transferred to the new address, and then after the address was in my name it got cut because the previous tenants had moved out. I came home to a cold, dark house - had to go out for dinner, boo hoo, took a couple of calls but someone came around that night to reconnect it. I had to throw the main switch, apparently it is illegal for him to actually do the connection.

I had been reconciling two systems at work, well I was asked to check that one was in the other. I did a weeks worth of data out of one which checked to three days in the other (weekend thing) and asked my project manager if she wanted me to finish the next few days given that it wasn't going to add any value. She said it was okay. That was last week. This week it was "I asked you to reconcile the whole week, not just five days!" So I did the next few days. It did not add any value. What can I say?

My new flat is kind of nice. It has pros and cons. But I think that I will enjoy it more as I am closer to the 'busy' end of town. Lots of restaurants just steps away, the mall is just a few minutes, also closer to the river and gardens.

I had an Adult Friend Finder account three years ago, it was a one year pre-paid thing and then I closed it. They started billing my card every month about nine months ago, lasted for seven months. Unauthorised, in fact pure credit card fraud. Apparently it is legal in the US for US companies to commit fraud so long as it is not against US citizens. Anyhow, the bank closed that card, and it had only just been replaced. So now I am frantically changing all of my automated accounts, but not to the new card from this bank, remember, but to my new SingAir AmEx card so I get KrisFlier points. Both my new Westpac and my new HSBC cards are meant to have the zero or 1% on transferred balance offers, but I can't see that either of them has actually taken any of previous card's debt. I guess 'cos it was, coincidentally, just closed as they were opening the new accounts.

(The AFF account was meant to find me an Asian girlfriend in Singers before I moved there so that I could move straight into a relationship. I would have stayed with that sort of leverage to keep me there.)

As I come out of Hotmail I get the Singapore screen since I haven't updated MSN to the fact that I am (unfortunately) back in Oz, today there were lots of pics of Singers flooded by rainfall - it all made me so homesick!

No comments: