Wednesday, July 7

Metro

There was something that I forgot last night about Metro 2033, the installation process really pissed me off - I bought a disc and yet it installed via steam and took more than an hour, then it wouldn't play saying it was missing some PhysX thing and that I needed to reinstall.

You can imagine my screaming: if you need PhysX you fracken moron why didn't you install it dickweed???

Anyhow, I found a copy in my UT folder and copied it across, obviously the UT guys know how to package a programme...

It still splashes an error message about my Nvidia drivers needing updating (which my Nvidia control panel disagrees with) and that game play might be degraded.

What is degraded is that, like Stalker, I have to turn the graphics way down or else it is very jerky. Both my desktop and my laptop have high-end graphics cards (naturally) and can play any other game on its highest settings, but not the games out of Kiev...

No comments: