Thursday, January 8

Back Online

I have moved house!

(Yes, I know, it is a flat/unit/apartment, not a 'house'.)

I have left the flat on Jelan Besar next to Little India and now am in an HDB next to East Coast Park, about four bus stops from Parkway Parade shopping centre.
("bust stops"? so much for spell checkr)

Been here for a few days, but just got a SingTel internet dongle for my laptop. It has disconnected about three times in the first five minutes, but we will see how it settles in.

So, the new flat; it is great - yes it is still a bit noisy, but at least not from neighbours arguing at three in the morning, more just from traffic etc., and that because I have the windows open. That, in turn, is 'cos the aircon doesn't work! A major serious problem that will be my central topic of discussion when the landlady is here tomorrow to accompany a plumber. Other than that it is clean and in very good condition, one security screen won't lock and the windows at the back don't have blinds, but those will get sorted out somehow or other.

I have no furniture, that is a bit uncomfortable at times, but I don't want to spend too much until I get my first contract - which I am not expecting to happen until after Chinese New Year, i.e. in February.

So this is just a little post to let you know that I haven't forgotten you.

No comments: