Saturday, December 20

Soon to be...

...departed back to Adelaide for the family xmas gathering.
Rather, a series of gatherings since I have such a disjointed family.

I have to say, totally changing the subject at the very start, that sg.msn.com is totally lame. Unbelievably bad. In Oz when I click out of hotmail and get ninemsn.com.au it is informative, it is a reasonable news service, it is reasonably up to date, although the spider drawing story was carried for far too long. But sg.msn is unbelievably out of date, for cri'sakes it is STILL carrying pre-US election stories! I can well understand why Singaporeans pan it so much. Is it too much to ask that one person spend just one hour a day on it?

Anyhow, that is really neither here nor there ('cos it is waaayyyyy over there, in yankee land).

On Monday I fly back to Adelaide for two weeks. My main suitcase is totally loaded with stuff for other people; half of it is taken up by the bag of stuff for Paul and Cheng's baby from her sisters, the other half is xmas pressies for my family. They will all be marked "Have a Happy European Winter Solstice!" since I am so anti-xianity. I will carry a change or two of clothes in my carry-on.

So I am blogging just because I might not get another chance to for going on three weeks (I will be totally pre-occupied with moving to my new apartment when I get back).

Blogs are an accepted venue for whinging, and I have a few whinges of late, but I am far too mature a person to gab about such irrelevancies in public, so I won't. Sometimes I definitely feel like whinging a bit before I log on, but once I am on it seems like they are my problems and there is no need to offload them onto anyone else. So when I do whinge online it must be something that really upsets me. And the HSBC website not accepting my password and locking me out comes into the former category; especially when I suspect that it was the Asus password manager that was responsible. Firefox seems to trigger it whereas IE doesn't so much, and as if I want my laptop recording my financial passwords somewhere on my hard-drive, but in clicking 'cancel' I think it nulled the datastring sent to the server. With the big IE security issue now current I didn't want to use it, but Firefox has its own problems at times. Truth be told, I think Firefox is getting more problems with each new version. Whereas IE is slowly improving; it is good that it has multiple tabs now, but they could have built in tab duplication at the same time. Anyhow, I am just waffling on about browsers because I have nothing better to say.

So I might as well shut up.

No comments: