Thursday, March 5

More FEAR

Good news and bad news; terrible, terrible news.

F.E.A.R. 2 is out

This is good news. Fear was the most frightening game that I have ever experienced. It was simply awesome. The first expansion lacked a bit, and the second lacked more, but they were still better than most games.

Fear 2 promises to be the years best shooter simply by its existence.

But there is bad.
The people who own it, Monolith, have sold their souls to the most pure evil.
That evil has a name; it is Steam.

My copy cannot be installed without locking it to steam. This would be okay if steam worked, unfortunately steam is far, far more trouble than it is ever worth.

Yes, the idea was good, and it was good that I can come to SG and buy a new computer and log onto my steam account and have half a dozen games download and install and be able to play without the discs. But so often steam refuses to work, it randomly requires me to log onto the internet, and then it will just lock up.

I can still visit steampowered.com, but steam will not connect to my steam account.

So today I cannot play my Fear 2 (as I spent most of yesterday playing it), because today steam, as it is so often want to, will not work.

(This is all on top of my usual rant about steam and how they will not let me buy anything in SG because my VISA and PayPal accounts are registered in AU - they are so totally 20th century and cannot deal with the concept of a global economy or people moving outside of their little boxes.)

Why, oh why, Lith did you have to marry Satan incarnate?

No comments: