Friday, January 15

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul

Well, B'Lack Osama has done it again!

As you may recall there was a minor mishap in the corporate sector recently and it required the US government giving a lot of money to certain companies. A lot was given to banks, and they had to pay it back, and what's more, they are paying it back.

BUT...

They also have to pay back the money that was given to General Motors, Chevrolet, and American International Group!

Yes, that's right, Obama in his infinite wisdom realises that his demographics want to punish the banks, and a lot of auto-workers vote for him. So he is putting two and two together and he gets this.

Remember how he went to Chicago and told the farmers that they would not get any handouts from him? But then he made huge handouts to Detroit? And those auto companies do not, repeat, do not have to pay that money back! Instead the banks are going to be forced to pay it back.

They, of course, will pass it on to the consumers, and I hope that they restrict this pass-on to car loans!


Also in the news; with the series of extremely cold winters in Europe scientists there are finally having to admit publicly that the world is NOT getting warmer, it is getting colder! Now I know that all intelligent, educated, informed people already knew this, it was only the flat-earthers that insisted that the world was getting warmer and that man was responsible - despite the records clearly showing that the planet has been getting colder every year since 1996!

I know that I have harped on about this one before, but I do not suffer fools lightly, and this about-face is so laughable. Forced to acknowledge the truth by the truth being rammed down their faces in the form of three winters in a row, each progressively colder and more severe than any in a century. The general public was beginning to cotton on there...


Changing to something personal...

I just had a letter from GE Money telling me that I was in arrears. Also that I had to pay the arrears within eight days of the due date or get hit with a late payment fee. First problem? the letter reached me TEN days after the due date! Second problem? they deduct my payments from my bank account automatically, so how could 'I' be in arrears? Answer; without my requesting it, without my approving it, and indeed without my knowledge of it, they reduced the amount they were deducting to not include the account handling fee - which then accumulated into this 'arrear'!

Well done guys!

Fortunately a phone call sorted this out. To an Indian call centre of course. They waived the late fee naturally, they also waived the arrears (good call), and they asked me if they could adjust the deducted amount to include the account fee again. A puzzling occurrence to be sure.


On a different note;
'Kai Shan in SG' when I am in AU?
I have thought about this, but as far as I can determine it is still my intention to return to Singapore, and on a permanent basis. I just got the timing wrong and didn't do enough background research on the contracting industry there, and made a few bad decisions. I am now carrying a large debt from the exercise (a lot of that from the process of returning back to Oz and getting set up here again). But it was all a learning experience.

And my friends want to go there as well. One friend and I talk regularly about business we can start, new ideas and innovations, we work on new devices (we met at college studying electronics and programming), and all of these are now framed in setting these up in Singapore.

No comments: