Monday, June 1

Slow Train

I had this feeling I hadn't blogged for a long time, and was kind of feeling "who cares?" and "why bother ever posting again" sort of stuff, but last post was only a few days ago after all. How weird.

On Friday Ivy showed me the easy way to Jahore Bahru. That is, without the improvised floatation device...

It was kind of interesting, but nothing to see except shops, and they all looked the same as in SG. As Ivy kept pointing out (she is Malaysian) it is less clean, but then, in my view Singers isn't that clean, certainly not finding it so living with the natives.

Have advertised my little flat on a couple of rental sites, and Ivy will place an ad in the paper. If we can get a tenant to take over before I leave then the land lady will not charge me the one month notice period. No hassle, but we'll try and see how we go. But now I will have to keep the place clean in case of viewers-at-short-notice. Two things; one, I hate having to keep a rented house clean for an extended period for the agent to show off, and two, keeping an HDB clean is near impossible - turn your back and all sorts of crap flies in under the door, dust, fluff, critters. Still, we'll see how we go.

And I am bored shitless.
Kind of compounds the effect of eating any curry. Mind you I have been staying off the local food recently, and my tummy is much happier for it.

Must be some strange time, but all my 'favourite' blogs have been boring for some time. Mr Wang is reciting poetry, Sheylara is kind of boring me - she is not a 'real' gamer girl, more of a console chick, and Xiaxue was only writing once every other week. Well, at least Wendy came back with a vengeance; her new look blog is quite sweet, you know, pink and girly sort of stuff, but isn't that what we expect from her? And why we like her. Well, Mr Wang doesn't, but people that write poetry that has no rhythm and no rhyme can't really criticise others. Each to their own I suppose. I don't mind it if it doesn't rhyme, so long as it has some sort of metric cycle, alliteration, something you know? Still, even that beats pictures of bicycles or marathon runners stopping for a drink.

I am looking forward to being able to LAN with friends. I am hoping that I will be working again not too long after I get back, and earning decent money again. I will try to be smarter and wiser with it this time. I am not looking forward to so much that will be there though. One way or another, I want out. I just want it to be with a comfortable income. The ability to lead a comfortable life, such as I am used to.

We shall see.

No comments: