Monday, June 1

Yyeeeehcckkk!

This got me so mad that I had to blog it straight away!
But having turned on my laptop (balanced precariously on a pillow on the bed in the guest room...) I had to first clear out my email, so now I have calmed down a bit.

When I sat down to post ads for this flat at a couple more sites I noticed that I was scratching the back of my right upper thigh a lot. So I stood up and checked it, new bites, lots of them! So I turned my pyjamas inside out but nothing there, and I have checked my bed and bedroom to pieces so I didn't feel like doing that again. This called for some lateral thinking!

It happened yesterday or the day before as well I thought. But I haven't been anywhere, and it is the back of my right leg both times, weird. Unless, maybe it is where I was sitting all day? So I look at the cushion on the seat by my laptop. Nothing. So I look at the cushion under that one (two cushions 'cos I've been sitting there all day sometimes), I turn it over... BUGS!

In one corner, a mass of them, and different from the last type of bug.

So where did these come from?
There is no way that you can convince me that I happened to sit somewhere that had bugs on the seat and they rode home on my shorts in the last couple of days. I haven't been anywhere for the last few days, I most definitely haven't been down to the beach. No, the only explanation that I can think of is the mass of [deleted due to SG's delicate racial harmony laws :)] next door above the $2 shop ("buy one, free one"). Especially as my computer desk was so close to the front door. So I cleaned out the entrance hall and sprayed around the doors, both the front and the one to the dentists (also in the entrance hall).

Lesson learned: do not live in an HDB! If you are going to migrate to Singers then make sure that you rent an apartment in a clean condo, in a clean street, in a clean suburb.

Anyhow, both cushions got sprayed then into a garbage bag and tied tightly then down the garbage shoot (egads! maybe that's where...). And now my laptop is balanced precariously on a pillow as I sit cross-legged on the guest bed.

I am definitely not sad to be leaving this.

No comments: