Thursday, June 4

Response Time Zero

You have probably figured out by now that my post titles are usually just words to fill the space. Why does each blog posting have to have a title?

Anyhow, to an issue that has been mentioned here a few times over the last couple of months. I have thought about this, and think that maybe they did not ride in on my socks and shoes from a park bench at East Coast Park. Maybe yes, maybe no. Just want to put this as an option, but am thinking now that is perhaps more likely that they simply are coming from the mob of [deleted] in the flat next door. They were most numerous at the foot of my bed, which is closest to the door, and more numerous in the cushions of my computer chair, which is closer to the front door than the bedroom. Anyhow, some interesting tips from web-searching; double-sided tape around the legs of beds (and other clothing holding furnitures) and move bed a bit away from wall so doesn't touch, and spray with "V-Safe" which can get from NTUC. Normally I would not shop somewhere owned by communists, but Baygon wasn't working to perfection. (Yes, "communists", well now you know how right-wing I am, don't you?)

I am in the process of dismantling this apartment. Yes, part of that was to spray everything yet again. But more also just to attempt the dual task of cleaning up and preparing for travel. So already about half of my manchester has been thrown. I am guessing that close to half of my clothes will be thrown out as well, and I have started to sort shirts accordingly. I have also thrown out some stuff that came with me from Oz, and am defining what I got here goes with me and what goes down the chute. Ivy is coming over tomorrow with her kids, principally to play Monopoly 'cos I have a chocolate monopoly game that my sis got me for xmas and needs to be used before I go back. But she will also be collecting my HP laptop and my printer (do you need to be told that it is a Canon? I only said "HP" to differentiate the two laptops; the Asus is going back to Oz with me). The landlady appears to be buying the furniture (such as it is) and the fridge, microwave, electric oven, kettles, etc., etc., etc., the money side of that transaction is irrelevant to me. And I will be sending some clothes and a heap of books and PC games back by courier.

The is some stuff going around in my head that I want to write, but for two things:
1) I am still trying to sort it out, and
2) my bum is sore from sitting on this (now cushionless) chair for too long.

I will see if I post again later today.

No comments: