Tuesday, October 21

Another Tuesday

I'm bored.

On the plus side I went for a walk this morning and found the 'Chinatown' that Jaz took me to last week telling me it was close to where I lived. It is in fact just the other side of OG alongside Bencoolen. So that was good, although I set out about 7am so nothing was open, but I took some photos of the Chinese temple with swaztikas on it.

The plan was to then walk back to Canal or Ophir roads, cross the canal and back 'home', but somehow I kept wandering after interesting looking things and ended up on Beach Road. So I walked passed Little Arabia and then back along the canal.

I definitely needed a shower when I got back.

Ahhh, forgot I had laundry in the drier.
Just back from getting laundry and running up the stairs barefoot. Someone had moved my laundry into the other drier and set the first one running again empty. Uh?

So, this other 'Chinatown' I shall henceforth call mini-Chinatown, or maybe Micro China, or maybe even Baby Peking? It is only one lane parallel to Bencoolen, has the one Chinese temple, an Indian temple, and the Good Fortune Centre - a shopping centre or tower with a lot of vegetarian and/or organic sort of stuff.

Also so, I was trying to find this 'Chinatown' and thinking maybe Jaz meant Little India. I quartered the area around me; one quarter being Little India, another being between the canal and Little Araby, another being along the canal on this side, and then one along Bencoolen and turn right up Middle then back along Serangoon, and then the fifth 'quarter' (okay, this map is not perfectly square) being to the left of Bencoolen. This last was the last I explored and naturally the one I was actually after. I feel that I now know my immediate neighbourhood reasonably well.

Little India has a lot of vegetarian restaurants, also a lot that say 'veg and non-veg', but there is a chain of vegetarian Indian version of maccas, which will be interesting to try.

No comments: