Saturday, October 4

Not Blogging

I am not blogging today.
Well, that's what I feel like. I feel like I have to say something when I don't want to say anything.
I am feeling anxious again. The house is not empty again. Yet again I can say "it will all be empty tomorrow", but I will believe it when I see it. Today I did two dump runs, one purely recyclables, the other the recycling people took more than half the load anyhow. Hence second time I drove straight into their area, don't have to pay $30 that way. Still, half the house IS empty, there's some stuff in the kitchen, not much, and some stuff in the front two rooms, should make one trailer load.
My sister's stuff in the shed is another trailer load, a very big trailer load! Fortunately tomorrow Mum and Noel are bringing a very big trailer to take it away with. I will take the now dismantled gym set to my ex's first thing, then another run of recyclables.
Mum and Noel loaded their 4x4 with boxes and stuff (lots of tools) and towed my camper trailer away today. And mum went through the pile of dump destined boxes and 'liberated' a lot of stuff.
I am sounding disjointed, I know.

Also I filled in the paper work tonight to transfer my old government superannuation into my corporate account. Used to be that you weren't allowed to move South Australian government super out of the government's hands, but it seems that they have liberalised it a bit. And I printed the invoice for the two weeks work I just did. I really shouldn't have taken the time out from getting my own personal life in order to help out a friend/client, but there you go. And it was $6,000 I suppose. Which can't hurt.

I noticed on the super forms I was filling in that if you are leaving Australia permanently then you can get your super completely paid out. Which is good because the Australian super rules and funds are pretty crappy. The rules do not ensure that you will have a liveable income after retirement, and the funds perform pretty badly as well, also ensuring that you won't have a liveable income after retirement. About all you can do is take it as a lump sum and pay off your mortgage then go on the pension. I had always kind of viewed my Australian super deductions as money wasted. Be good if I can actually get it in three months or so and put it to better use. Although there is probably not much since both of my super funds have been experiencing 'negative growth'. As have so many.

I feel better for having blogged. It has kind of relieved the stress a bit. Put things into perspective.

My sister was asking me today (she came up as well for a while) for my definite plans for the next few days, as if I could say with certainty when each step would be finished. It shouldn't be so hard, but there it is.

I had dinner with dad and his family yesterday. It's my birthday on Monday so they wanted to catch up. And the property manager phoned yesterday to see when she could collect the keys (Tuesday, when she does her final inspection.)

And that's about everything for now.

No comments: