Friday, October 31

Ode to a Turtle

Another day in paradise.
Which is what you would be expecting me to say.
Two things on food; one, vegetarian is everywhere, there are vegetarian restaurants all over the place and every food court has two or three vegetarian stalls, it is so good to be in a Buddhist country! two, eating out is so cheap here, okay, I can dine at some restaurants for a $50 meal, but most places I can dine for a little over $5! And that includes juice!
Yes, last time I took Ivy out it was $26 for two, but most times I am spending less than $6 for a cooked lunch and a drink.

I cannot seem to find a hat! Shops all over the place are selling caps, but where are the hats that will protect my precious brain from the sun? I need a brim to keep the sun off my neck, or risk becoming a redneck. Hee, hee. We all know that politically I am pretty much a redneck anyow.

Wonderful Google Analytics confirms what I always suspected - only one unique visitor - ME! Nobody cares about my rantings, I am not even a blip on the radar screen, more a smudge that has already been wiped off.

Ivy has spoken with a friend that has been in KL and spent the last few days with Jazreel and Iris and confirms that it will take six months for Jaz to get a new passport. Wonderfully efficient Malaysian public bureaucrats. I looked up some sites to see what I needed to get a visa to visit her, on an Australian passport as a member of the Commonwealth of Nations (India and a few other countries excluded) I don't need a visa for any length of stay or for any purpose, but the government site promised new passports processed in two weeks and replacement passports in one month. Obviously not for Chinese Malaysians though, kind of like the government education system - for Malays only. Which is why so many Malaysian Chinese kids are studying in Australia. So, yes, I will see about visiting Jaz in Malaysia.

Today marks three weeks here in SG.
It doesn't feel like it - I really need to get out more, which means that I really need that hat!

No comments: