Thursday, October 16

Wasting my Time

Yes, definitely.
Today is Thursday, I spent all of yesterday thinking it was Tuesday :(
Planning to spend a day totally slacking off - I slacked off so much I spent TWO days slacking off!

Okay, a bit of shopping, a little walking around, a fair bit of emailing and texting, and a lot of Unreal 2. Did I say earlier that I had got my Steam account working on my new Asus laptop? And have started re-installing games that I had bought whilst in Australia? Well I have, and so I am working my way through Unreal 2 again. I have a few favourite levels in it that I keep the saves at the start of so I can play that map.

And look! I have just wasted half of this morning as well - the plan had been to go to the local Shop n Save for some basics first thing, i.e. 7am! It's now quarter passed nine!

Hey look! An email just in from the Stamford Plaza in Adelaide apologising for their awful service levels.

Anyhow, I have just spent maybe an hour browsing stat trackers for this blog. I tried the Google Analytics, as in it is currently installed on the home page, but it doesn't seem to be working - their site keeps saying it can't find the code. Funny! I copied it straight from their page and to mine just before the '/body' tag as specified. Mind you, when I first tried to check it their 'can't find' page told me to copy this code and place it blah, blah, but the code was slightly different! There was one line that wasn't in the first bit of code they had said to use. So I tried this, still no can see. I will give it a day or two to settle down and feel at home, then if the Google Analytics site still can't find its own code I will delete it and move on to try something / someone else. Just didn't want to put one of those tacky counters on the bottom of the page - especially when it is likely to only show "3" - and that will be me checking the format after each post. (Yes, you can preview, but it isn't quite the same, I also copy each post into Word to spell check it, but in the end I just want to see the real thing, and yes, I do sometimes then log back on and change something.)

Tuesday evening I used the clothes washer for the second time and it flooded the flat. I rang the agent and he promised someone would come and fix it first thing yesterday morning. Given that I spent the day sleeping, webbing, playing Unreal 2, and only went out to shop at OG for an hour after 7pm and no-one interrupted my siestas I kind of figure that the washer is not yet fixed, I will phone the agent again to check, but will need to do another load tomorrow. It was kind of fun shopping when none of the checkout chicks seemed to speak any English. Still, at least my VISA credit card is still working as a credit card, even if it doesn't work as an ATM card as well as it used to. That, incidentally, is still an unresolved issue.

Also spent some time websearching some stuff. For example; every year Australia applies for membership in ASEAN and gets refused, the reason given is the AU is a developed nation and ASEAN is a group of countries aspiring to be there. Doesn't sound too realistic, but if this is true then why hasn't Singapore been expelled? After all, it can only be described as a developed nation. It is far more likely that there is some quite explicit racism going on here, and I have my opinion as to who it is coming from as well. This was triggered by the references to "ASEAN + 3" on the news last night. Yes, I am watching SG TV. This is something I haven't done in my previous stays here, nor when I was in other countries, but since this time I am trying to live in SG I thought it apt. Of course the main thing that caught my eye was the temp feed from OKTO, my first impression was "YYEEAAHHHHH!!!!" animal docs, sci-fi and action movies, and LOTS of anime!!! How happy could I be? But over the last two days I have gotten the impression that the main focus is on kids. When will people realise that anime is for adults??? Why waste it on children? This is kind of like how offal (OFL - Office of Film and Literature, the little old ladies that censor the media in AU) is totally convinced that computer games are for children (after all, what else would little old ladies think?) and so don't allow any R18+ games into Oz - despite the overwhelming stats that show two thirds of games are played by men between 30 and 50, and most games are either bought by them, or bought by women for them. Kids are outside playing real games!

Hey look! It's 10am! Another hour wasted - I really need to go shop before the heat gets lethal.

No comments: