Sunday, May 10

The New Coming

Hmmm

Okay, it's hot, 28 where I am sitting and I am sweating. My aircons are set to 23 and it is 25 (which I find tolerably comfortable) in the bedrooms which is where the aircons blow. I am immediately outside of them though, and that one and a half metres makes a big difference.

I found another damnable bug this morning, as I lay in bed after awakening I saw it crawling on the ceiling. On the ceiling! I haven't been bitten (that I have noticed) by one for ages now, and had thought I had gotten rid of them. I have now once again cleaned out that bedroom and sprayed it again.

Maybe they are not from some walk along the beach? Maybe they are coming in from next door? Do you think that the crowd of individuals crammed in there may have lower hygiene standards? There were so many bicycles outside their door last night that they came half way over the front of my apartment on both sides of the walk-way. Maybe I need to spray surface poison around my doorway?

Have been inundated with emails from the yahoo group. But most are part of the thread that I am chatting in (one of three main participants). Mostly about what is the bigger threat to traditional Chinese religion in Singapore, one guy says Xianity and I say Buddhism. He says 'cos it is a big 'now' threat, I say Xianity has come and gone before in China's history, maybe this will as well, and it is an external threat. I feel that Buddhism is a greater threat because it is internal; it is insidiously creeping into Taoist temples and mythology, and this is exactly what Xianity did in Europe a thousand years ago. You may fight off the external threat to find that your own home has been occupied by your erstwhile 'guest'.

This discussion has gone so much more congenially than it would have in Australia. Even if I had been having it with another follower of our traditional (pre-Xian) religion it would have ended up heated. And it can be conducted openly here, whereas in Oz it would have been a secret thing, any posts to internet groups would be undertaken anonymously.

So there, in two examples of my life on this day, you have the two sides to Singers that I am wrestling with.

No comments: