Saturday, May 23

Oh, Yeah...

Got my VISA card going early last week (I think it was). Transferred from my SG HSBC account to pay off the requisite amounts, gave it a couple of working days, then called their financial hounds section. Which was okay, as they turned out to be Australian, so I got some communicating done - something that does not happen with their Indian call centre or Indian email centre, lots of talk but no service.

And got the washing machine going, service man came around the day after I called, writing an email was a waste of time, but I thought that it could get forwarded to the correct team more easily, doesn't work like that though, just came back three days later "please phone". The problem was the most basic of design faults, a fragile plastic tab juts down on the lid and contains a metallic strip that activates the door open / door closed switch. Naturally fragile bits of plastic get snapped off, any idiot could figure that out, but not the design engineers at LG. Took less than two minutes to fix, just opened the top up and wired the switch out, then warned me that it won't stop when the lid is opened now.

Spent the day at home 'cos the repairman was coming and, to be honest, I just don't feel like doing anything right now, so played Fear 2 all day long. How productive, hey?

No comments: