Friday, September 19

Bookings

I phoned the SG High Commission and they said that with an Australian passport I can stay in SG for 90 days without a visa. So I have texted Cheng to say that I will take a flat for three months. (After all, it might not be this flat, it might be another one in the end.) And then following this I booked my ticket for the 10th of October, leaves here 1pm, gets there 6pm SG time. I did this using my new KrisFlyer account for the first time, and I had forgotten (and not recorded) my PIN. I also used my new VISA gold debit card for the first time (and it also asked for a password which I hadn't yet set) since this card is meant to give me complimentary travel insurance when I use it to purchase a ticket.

I actually got this gold card because the account doesn't get hit for foreign currency conversion. It also doesn't get hit for using ATMs from other banks, or foreign ATMs. Yes, it has higher fees, but they equal the cost of using other ATMs two or three times a week, which I do, and also they are waived if you have more than $5,000 of deposits made in the month, which I do, so long as I am working. Which I am not. (Ignoring for the moment the quick contract I am doing for a friend.)

But it means that I have firm dates now. Which will force me to keep to deadlines; I can't slack off on actually moving out of this house and closing all its accounts. But I will have four days gaps between being out of this house and being out of this city (and country), so I will have to stay in a hotel for a bit after all.

And that's about it for now.

No comments: