Thursday, September 18

I know, I know...

It is funny, since deciding that I wanted to try living in SG I have perused a lot of Singaporean blogs. I am kind of getting addicted to it. Might just be another of my many passing fads. Anyhow, it strikes me as odd that so many will not post for rather long periods, or that many posts are only very short.

Personally, I feel uncomfortable missing a day, missing more makes me fell positively guilty.
Miss a week and I am sure that I would stop blogging altogether.

Ah well.
I have been as sick as a dog. The cold I caught on Sunday has been horrific. I even stayed home yesterday. But there it is. And that is my excuse.

Cheng, my friend's girlfriend that has a sister in SG has been calling said sister, and for reasons that elude me her sister has been searching for an apartment for me to stay in whilst I visit SG next month. How sweet is that? She has never met me, does not know me, I have only met her sister twice, and yet she has gone to so much trouble on my behalf. And seems to have found something nice as well. Near Farrer Park MRT station.

I Google Mapped it, and then Google Earthed it and it seems reasonably central. I then Googled that actual condo address and got some photos of the building and it seemed quite interesting.

How cool is that?

The sister (whose name I will have to be told at some point) apparently said that one month was okay, but to let her know soon if I was going to want it for three months, because it might be unavailable if I don't book it out. Which then got me to Google about visas to Singapore. I will have to check this, but it seems that whilst there you can get your visa extended from one month to three. I know that Australians don't need a visa per se, but I think that the stamp in my passport is good for one month, so I am thinking of it in terms of being a tourist visa. I will have to phone the SG High Commission to check. Yes, being fellow Commonwealth nations we don't have embassies with each other, we have High Commissions. I suppose that a Low Commission might be like a consulate?

Hey, for why do I feel guilty? It's not as if anyone on earth has read my blog yet!

No comments: