Monday, September 15

Detour to Work

Monday.
At work again.

Okay, yesterday first. After a day of packing, well to be more accurate maybe half a day packing, Radar and I went downtown to Elder park, by the river, for the Moon Lantern festival with Paul and Cheng. The parade of children with lanterns was impressive, if only because it seemed to never end, so many kids! And the fireworks at the end were great!! It is so amazing what they can make them do now.

But most of the performances were boring, and the stupid woman that filled in time between presentations was appalling. At one point she started on about the Celts worshipping the Moon as representing the feminine principle, and that given the multicultural nature of the festival (multicultural??? it is meant to be all Asian!!) we should open our minds and consider the Moon as the Yin principle and the Sun as the Yang energy.

Japanese mythology says that the Sun has a Goddess, not a God, and most of what I have read on Eastern religion would indicate that they view the Sun as feminine and the Moon as masculine. But I don't mind her mangling Asian mythology since she can not be expected to have any understanding of it. But I do mind her mangling Celtic mythology since it is meant to be her own cultural heritage! And yet most Westerners think that the Moon is feminie and the Sun is masculine. This is not what the Celts thought, it is not what any European religion thought until the Greeks and Romans evolved in that fracture zone between true Aryanism and the helio-centric, masculine dominated hydrological societies of Egypt and Mesopotamia.

Anyhow, a very cold night and I ended up getting chilled and now I have a bad cold.

Today I went back to work.
I am only doing this because Walter said he was in a bind.
I don't need the money, and logically I should be concentrating on my own issues right now.
But there it is, I am too accommodating, too helpful. I should learn to be more of a bastard.

So working with Business Objects Planning again. Trying to resolve some potentially unsolvable problems caused by what can only be described as very bad management. Bad management, in both the government and corporate sectors, is quite the norm in Australia in my experience. And ten years as a business analyst, working as a contractor to start and now as a consultant, has given me quite a lot of experience to base this observation upon.

As for my beautiful Russian girl; I sent her three dozen pink roses.

It cost over $300, I know that this is a total rip-off, but until she gives me some personal contact details I am forced to go through the agency, which adds a huge mark-up on anything that they process. We shall see if we move to direct communication soon. If not then I guess it's not going anywhere, is it?

And anyhow, what's $300? Less than half a days pay.

Still not sure about going to Ukraine again though. Far more focussed on Singapore. It will important to see if this holds, or if I get distracted from the more logical path.

No comments: