Wednesday, April 29

Raining on my Parade

Marine Parade that is. Two days in a row that I have put off going to this place that I want to go 'cos the standard tropical 'afternoon' downpour has come in late morning or mid-day.

Okay, notes on two things; Firstly the AWARE thing, can't help but notice that as the dust settles and we finally get some more accurate information that it seems that the 'take over' was by somewhat more 'normal' women - as in not rabid man-hating lesbian feminists. That appears to be it, upset that AWARE was using their position and government funding to indoctrinate young girls at school that lesbianism was 'okay' and filling the heads of vulnerable women with anti-male propaganda, it appears that a bunch of 'normal' or 'real' women joined the organisation and took over. Yah! Good for them, says I. Let's have some more of that please. Secondly; the papers (online) are still full of 'Obama's first 100 days' but what has he done??? There are no specifics given, he has talked a lot but he has delivered nothing. This obviously sets the tone for his continued presidency.

Have applied for a few more jobs, but nothing has eventuated yet. Am getting seriously aware that end of May is the deadline for my work pass, so if I don't get something in the next few weeks then I will have to take my passport back to the Ministry of Manpower and get the PEP voided. Then, of course, back to Australia and at least twelve thousand a month until I have enough saved up to try Hong Kong.

Have found myself writing a fair bit lately. And writing comedy sketches I might add, crack me up some of them do. An interesting form of escapism or what?

No comments: