Wednesday, April 8

Romantic Moon

I got out of bed to write about things that I love about Singapore, and whilst my computer has been booting my neighbour has been stomping around, slamming doors, and repeatedly opening and closing her bathroom sliding door. It is going on midnight, apparently the law for noisiness kicks in at 11. She is spoiling my mood.

I wanted to visit a Taoist society on Guilemard Road; they were closed, go upstairs to find a locked metal gate. So I hoped back on the next 197 to visit the Hong San See Temple - it is dedicated to Cai Shen, see my interest? It was all fenced off for repairs. I mean it is good that they are restoring things around here, but why is everything I have tried doing lately been a total waste of time?

So I went back towards Chinatown and lunch (it was about 6:30 by the time I ate). Then I chose to walk back to Marine Parade, took a few hours, got a little concerned I might be lost after crossing the river, got sore feet and am very tired, but the walk was good for me. There were so many people out running, like half the city was practising for a marathon. Cute girls trying to stay cute, buff guys trying to get buffer, serious runners carrying loaded backpacks. I stopped to sit and watch the moon. It was so romantic, nearly full, fully visible but shining through thin cloud like a beautiful woman naked under a see-through shift.

Then along East Coast Park. There were so many truly gorgeous girls out hand-in-hand with fat, rather unattractive guys who were obviously not that well off either. This is another thing that I love about Singers; that so many girls make their relationship decisions based upon what a man is like inside. They chose men for their character, their dependability, their trust-worthiness, their personality. Obviously I do not fall into this classification yet, but it is a goal to strive for. Beautiful, beautiful girls; as gorgeous as the moon shining through thin clouds.

People just out, living, enjoying life. I honestly believe that most Singaporeans are good people. I will miss them.

I just felt that there are so many things that I really love about Singapore. I will be so sad if I do have to go in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: