Saturday, April 18

A Time to Forget

This, in MSN.SG as I logged out of msgr:

FORGIVE AND FORGET
"This is a time for reflection, not retribution. We have been through a dark and painful chapter in our history. But at a time of great challenges and disturbing disunity, nothing will be gained by spending our time and energy laying blame for the past."
-- US President Barack Obama explaining why he granted immunity from prosecution to CIA officers accused of being involved in the torture of terror suspects under the former Bush administration.

So, Obama has finished his first 100 days, which yanks make such a big deal out of, meant to show what sort of president they got. He did nothing of note, made a lot of minor screw ups, started nothing new or good, but has now done this; in one pen stroke set forever free from prosecution (except by international tribunal) hundreds of torturers, criminals, murderers. Were they too inconvenient? Now we know what Obama is.

We also know what his wife is; far too plebeian when mixing with her betters, needs a social coach in her retinue, rather than a personal make-up artiste.


I haven't blogged for a while. Tough titty, I am not a professional blogger, so there is no requirement on me that I do this regularly. Now if some young SGirl that made her living from this were to go nine days without blogging you would have reason to stop reading her site, advertisers and sponsors would have reason to withdraw their contracts. But with me, there is only me, and only when I want it to be so.

Went out to lunch with Ivy and a friend of hers yesterday. I think that maybe I should be circumspect and not enter her name across the ether. She is single, so don't jump to any conclusions, it is just that Chinese names are probably more identifiable than Anglo ones. She and I went on to have a drink and a looonnggg chat together afterwards. Very pretty woman, very feminine, soft, quiet, seemed quite personable. At start of our time alone she told me that she would have to leave soon to collect her niece, but when I reminded her of this an hour later she shrugged it off saying that there was still some time. Sweet.

My Russian girl was never heard from again. Sound typical? Certainly sounds familiar to me. Oh well, my AFF account runs out in a week. It has never delivered anything but head games, so no guessing what I will do with it, hey?

Bitch next door is getting loud again. The problem with the inconsiderate is that their inconsideracy is ingrained and they have difficulty getting out of the habit of not considering others when they make trouble.

No comments: