Sunday, April 5

Why Does This Need a Title?

Ho hum. I am going to get bored soon.

I have a mosquito (or something) that is feasting on my blood every night and leaving me with itchy spots. I have totally sprayed out the entire flat and there is a plug-in mozzie poisoner thing near the foot of my bed. What's going on? Apart from that there were no Baygon refills at the Giant store so I got Mortein - their refills fit each others plug-in devices.

I have just done another round-up of Singer blogs. Honestly, most of the ones by guys are so dull (as undoubtedly mine is as well). Most of them only post four or five lines every few days, and they are about bicycle riding, or marathon running. Yawn! Half of the female blogs in Singers seem to either be man-hating lesbians or man-hating feminists.

Did I tell you that every game I bought in the last six months has been crap?
F.E.A.R. 2, Dawn of War 2, Red Alert 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (bad code, but otherwise fun game); even UT3 is a letdown - it might boast better graphics, but the game play is essentially the same and where are all of my favourite mutators??? Also, why are the UT3 maps taking so long to come out? Only dribs and drabs. Everybody is going for improved graphics and totally ignoring gameplay (except Stalker 2, that was same graphics, just mega-buggy).

I don't know about you, but I keep getting girls trying to post testimonials to my Adult Friend Finder profile. They are just waffle with their yahoo or msngr address, these people don't know me. Why would I approve such crap? Why do they think that anybody would be their vehicle for free advertising? Seriously, these prostitutes need to be a bit more realistic. Also, I have had a rash of young girls (early twenties) winking me, and I have written back to a few and guess what? Nothing! Uhhh??? What's with this? Why comm me (communicate with me) if you are not going to talk? Imagine standing at a bar and a pretty young girl walks by and says "hello" and winks at you then keeps walking on. Maybe you follow her and smile and say "hi" and then she screams and calls the cops. I acknowledge that I truly do not understand bitches.

I was reading some Dilbert cartoons online and one was about no-work guy wearing noise cancelling headphones to a meeting. Noise cancelling headphones - that's what I need to deal with the bitch next door! I had been thinking about getting a mike and a speaker and programming in a counter-noise routine myself, but how much hassle would that be. So I did some looking; huh??? They are all something like $500!!!! So I try eBay, wooh hoo! Can get them for less than a hundred including postage, but good brands are less than two hundred. Most of them only cancel out between 75% and 85% of background noise, some claim 90%, Denon claims up to 99%, but then Denon is probably the best audio brand (IMHO), so I would expect them to be better than the others. Unfortunately most are in-ear or on-ear, I would so much rather over-ear. For me all in-ears are too big for wearing for more than an hour or so, they start to hurt. And same with on-ears; they start to get painful after an hour or two. Could I sleep with earphones on? It would probably force me onto my back, thence to choke on my own tongue as it fell down my throat. Honestly, one of the worst things about getting old is that I am snoring more. (That, and the having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. But that's only 'cos I have so much trouble getting to sleep, so getting back to sleep takes too much away.)

All of which highlights how miserable life is right now. I have two months of my rental contract here until the six month point for the diplomatic clause, plus a one month break fee; so five and a half thousand to pay if I want to pack up and go back to Oz. Still, if I can arrange a contract to be returning to then it won't be too much hassle, and at least I will have both an income and something more meaningful to do with my time. Then I can work for a year or a two, build up some reserves (more than I had for the try here), and go try Hongkers. 'Cos I am seriously considering that Singers was a bust. Wasted too much time in this place.

Of course, I could ask why do I exist at all?

No comments: